This video is the most disgusting piece of propaganda that I’ve ever seen. She likens an abortion to a crappy dentist appointment, calls abortion “God’s plan”, and cavalierly declares that she is more pro-life than “anti-choice” advocates. This is where we are as a society. Likening human life to a sea cucumber. Touting the dismemberment of a baby to a pulling of a tooth.
But this is how the devil works. It is no coincidence that this video was uploaded today as we celebrate the Holy Innocents, the children who were slaughtered at Herod’s command. We pray for the lives for the lost while the devil uses good people to smugly “shout their abortions.”
We can’t sit idly by friends. We have to be advocates for pro-life issues. We must remember our own dignity and remind others of their own. Here are a few suggestions on where to start:
Many people will scoff at prayer as cowardly inaction but we know, that anything and everything is possible through God who is our strength. Pray for:
- for a change of heart for those considering an abortion and those in the pro-choice movement
- for a better understanding and appreciation of human life
- for a change of worldwide policies
- for tenderness and compassion for those who’ve had an abortion
- for the courage to be a pro-life advocate
Participate in a local or national rally
- “March For Life” rally (https://marchforlife.org/mfl-2019/)
- One Life LA (https://onelifela.org/)
Please support your local pro-life clinics and know where they are so you can provide information to someone in need.
- If someone you know is pregnant or a young man has fathered a child, provide support to them with your presence. They will need a loving community to support them beyond the pregnancy.
- Read “Humane Vitae”
- Read (and watch) “Unplanned” by Abby Johnson.
- Read about Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, and her thoughts on eugenics, minorities, the poor, and those with disabilities
• Adoption > abortion
- I‘ve met a couple of young men who’ve said they’d would never allow another man to raise their kid, so they’d rather have the child aborted. This comes from a gross sense of pride and machismo. There are many AMAZING families in the world who would love to adopt children and make a home for them! There are many errors in the adoption system that make the process unnecessarily expensive and time-consuming but many families still navigate through the red tape to bring love into life of a child. If you or someone you know is pregnant and looking to place the child up for adoption please let me know or contact your local church.
Please get involved in the fight for life.